New work out in The Bark and Poets and Writers

Every now and then I am reminded that in spite of everything, I'm still a writer.

My profile of Ernest Gaines is out in the November/December issue of Poets and Writers magazine, and it includes a really embarrassing copyeditor's typo in the opening pages. I'll be posting more about that later, just because it is a little embarrassing and therefore amusing. But mostly embarrassing.

And the new issue of the Bark has a short essay about the evacuation, and the dog I left at the LA SPCA in the days before the storm. Some of you have already heard about that, but they've also included a gorgeous photo my Zephyr, taken by Cami Johnson. Brando, Sula and I can be seen in various degrees of blur behind Zephyr as she hunts in a New Orleans garden.

Comments

Popular Posts