Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Ninth Ward floods again...


The Ninth Ward floods again...
Originally uploaded by kfoz.
Last weekend I had begun thinking I might go home by the end of the month. Then on Monday I discovered my street was closed due to a chemical spill. And now much of the 9th Ward is flooding again, which means the process of draining the city, restoring the water supply and electricity will start all over again.

This AP photo shows a dog racing through the water on North Claiborne Street.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog, I sure hope things start to go better in New Orleans and you can return to your home. I saw a ridiculous article on the Fox News website about how "onlookers" (me, not you!) may start suffering from "compassion fatigue." Good grief. Anyone suffering from mental problems just from watching TV in the cushy comfort of their home needs to be shipped off to the coast to help with relief efforts.