Buried under bubble wrap: A Pit Bull Rescue fundraiser update

PBRC has taken more than 200 orders for signed copies of my book, which is great news for them. They've raised more than $1000. However, none of us anticipated this response and there have been a few complications. First, I must order books from my publisher, which is currently, once again, out of stock. Next, I must sign each copy. Then I have to wrap them in bubble wrap, then in newspaper. Then I must put them in priority mail envelopes, and take them to the post office. Here is the last of the complications: I live in New Orleans, and my post office is pretty understaffed even under normal circumstances.

We promised Christmas delivery for all orders received by 12/10, but now I'm getting email from people who ordered late and are wondering why it hasn't arrived yet. It will arrive. In fact, even if you ordered them AFTER Christmas, you should have them by the end of the week. So, please don't ask the pit bulls for your money back.

Comments

Popular Posts