We escaped...

This morning I woke up, looked at the flood map that had been posted online, and decided to bolt. While I was getting the car ready, Sula ran away and I had to chase her five blocks while people who were loading their cars screamed in horror. Afterwards, it was kind of funny. But at the time I was terrified that I was going to have to leave New Orleans with only two of three dogs.

This is what I managed to take: Three dogs, three dog crates, a change of clothes, dog food, some wine and cheese.

Everything else, I think I'll never see again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear you're safe. Keep us posted if you need anything.
Anonymous said…
Our Lady of the Assumption, Patroness of the Acadians, protect us.
Anonymous said…
Dogs, clothes, wine, and cheese. No, I think you've check-marked all of the important priorities. I wish I had read this earlier, though, I actually was going to Tallahassee, you could have stayed with us. I hear there maybe another coming.

Popular Posts