Brindle is Beautiful


Once again, Mr. Brando Foster, originally uploaded by kfoz.

The other night I showed Brando the finished book with his mug on the cover. I wasn't really expecting much of a response, but he stared at it, sniffed at it and wagged his tail. Then I put it down and headed to the front door for our walk. Brando turned around, ran back to the table where the book was resting, and pressed his nose to it again.

I'm glad he's happy. It has been suggested that his photograph is so terrifying we'll have trouble booking any media to support the book. The reaction, I'm told, was "visceral."

Brindle dogs are--I have been told--among the most difficult to adopt out of shelters. People don't want them. The number one most difficult to get a home for is any black dog. I have been told this all across the country. So if we changed Brando into the black coated dog, that wouldn't help.

If he was snow white, however, I'm sure no one would have a problem.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brindle *IS* beautiful! Trap Jack gets that reaction too - a handyman came by my house yesterday and was saying how scary he looks. As he was talking, I was just looking at TJ passed out spread eagle on the couch - wearing a lime-green polo shirt no less - like... how is THAT scary?? haha
Anonymous said…
We adopted a brindle Boston Terrier goof-ball dog from our city shelter. He's a real sweetie and super attractive (drool aside). Every day I look at him and marvel that the black and white variety came to dominate his breed- brindle is so handsome!
Anonymous said…
Brindle is my favorite!! (Sorry Bumpy)
Anonymous said…
I must be weird...brindle and black coated pups are my favorite :)
Anonymous said…
Can't wait to get the book!!
Unknown said…
Hooray! Your beautiful, magnificant dog is on the cover where he belongs! He looks so sweet and curious. I have fallen in love with Brando. I'm putting him on my blog. Good luck with the book and bon voyage on the tour.
Anonymous said…
Brando has that look on his face that my mom used to call the "Hey, what ya got there, food!?!?! look. He is absolutely beautiful. Brindle and black are my two favorite colors

Popular Posts