"God has no patience for stupidity..."

I actually don't remember those words from any of my childhood Bibles. Nevertheless, we're going back intime to Saturday August 27th, 2005, a day spent shopping, going to the movies and meeting my friends for a wine tasting at Bacchanal, next to the Industrial Canal. (We'll be gathering there again today).

Saturday, August 27, 2005
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
So there's this massive hurricane headed straight for my house, and I have no current plans to leave. All of my friends say to just wait it out, deal with the inconvenience of no electricity for a few days, and enjoy the excitement of it. Meanwhile, everyone else seems to be leaving the city.

Here's my dillema: I barely have enough money to fill my tank. The last evacuation had people stuck on the highway for 23 hours--and I'm not sure I want to experience the storm from the inside of a van. I could drive my three dogs to Hattiesburg, where there will be severe weather as well, or Tallahassee, where there won't, but then I would be there with my frantic dogs, no money, and the prospect of having to figure out how and when to return.

On the other hand, here's the latest from the Times-Picayune:

"National Hurricane Center Director Max Mayfield said Saturday afternoon that Hurricane Katrina will be at least a Category 4, with winds of 145 mph when it approaches the New Orleans area, and that it could be a Category 5, with winds of 155 mph or higher.

Meanwhile, computer model runs conducted by a team of Louisiana State University scientists indicate that even if Katrina had winds of only 115 mph, levees protecting Kenner, Metairie and New Orleans on the east bank will be overtopped by a 10- to 12-foot storm surge, topped by waves at least half that high, in some locations along Lake Pontchartrain. "

I'd hate for this to be one of my final posts...ever.

Any advice out there?


By the next morning I had seven replies, including this one, from someone named Linda: GET OUT!!!! Don't be one of those knuckleheads who thinks he can beat Mother Nature. You can't. The road to HELL is paved with a whole theme park full of idiots who thought the same thing.Hence why they aren't in Heaven. God has no patience for STUPIDITY.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Linda's awesome!

Popular Posts