New course: Writing About Animals

Everyone is doing it--but it is so easy to do badly!

My latest online course is all about Writing About Animals--and we'll be reading about animals, too.  When an editor first suggested that I write about my dog, I said no.  The only dog books I knew at the time were schmaltzy and sentimental and I couldn't imagine writing something like that.  But then I realized I could write something on my own terms--and also that sometimes schmaltz and sentiment aren't bad at all.

In my new online course, starting February 17th, we'll read some classic works such as Charlotte's Web and My Dog Tulip, and we'll also dip into some more contemporary work by Cathleen Schine and Lauren Scheuer.  While discussing these published works, students will work on their own essays, short fiction or memoir chapters for peer critique.

Find out more here:  https://ruzuku.com/courses/4035/about

Comments

Popular Posts