What would I do without Doug?


Here's a photo of Doug and I at the Barkmarket this past October. I hadn't seen it until last night, when Blake, who runs the Bywater Art Market, slid her iPhone over to me. I love this photo. We both look so foolish!

Meanwhile, an update on Brando. Last month we did x-rays and discovered that what was thought to be arthritis is actually something more serious. The discs in his back are deteriorating. He's now on a variety of medications, including Metacam, an anti-inflammatory, and injections of Adequan, which I've learned to administer at home. Brando has always hated going to the vet, but he's a great patient for me. He lays very still and lets me do whatever I need to. Of course, I can't help but think of my parents during all of this.

Fortunately, Brando still has Doug to get him out of bed in the morning. Doug sleeps in the kitchen while the others crowd my bed, and Brando stays put after Zephyr and Sula get up to go to the yard--but he comes to the kitchen to give Doug his morning kisses.

(By the way, the March 20th Bywater Barkmarket/Art Market is a fundraiser for The Sula Foundation. If you are a dog-ish vendor and are interested in participating, send an email or leave a comment here.)

Comments

I hope the medications make Brando feel better soon. Thinking of you and yours.
I hope the medications make Brando feel better soon. Thinking of you and yours.
kissa-bull said…
we'll be keeping brando and our prayers and so hope he feels better with the medicine
pibble sugars
the houston pittie pack

Popular Posts