I'm fat--and other recent discoveries

My gosh. Didn't I say I would be blogging with more frequency rather than less? And then, in the blink of an eye, three weeks pass without a peep from me.

But it's been a busy three weeks. Today we start back again at NOCCA, where I'll be teaching full-time through October. And since my time will be filled up with all of that, I've been trying to get a few things settled at home. I even started going back to the gym, working with a trainer, trying to get into better shape because...well, I spent the summer getting fat. And it is the horrific kind of fat that sneaks up on you. I'd been doing well at the beginning of the year, running around with Doug/Buddy. But then my dad passed away in March, and my yard doubled in size in May and the combination allowed me to wallow in grief in my bedroom, or sit on the deck watching the dogs as they played. And I got fat.

And, of course, I've been busy with all the Sula Foundation foster dogs, many of whom have found their way to new homes in the past month. And last week I made a trip to the midwest to get a closer look at some of the dogs taken in during a massive federal dogfighting bust. But more on that later, as we're allowed to release more details.

So here I am, still in bed, making a list of the things I'll need to run home and finish at the end of the day--a revision due on a story, notes for my online students, laundry, laundry, laundry.

And probably a little more grief.

Comments

Popular Posts