My favorite gadfly

You know how New Orleans is the perfect environment for insects:The New York Times has a story on that crazy gadfly from the other side of town, Karen Gadbois. And when I say crazy gadfly, I mean heroic friend, of course. Karen was one of the speakers when we marched to city hall in January 2007. And she and I were trapped on an Ed Blakely bus tour of the non-recovery plan later that year. And...well, I could go on, but just go read the story, which actually does call her a gadfly.

UPDATE: I decided to look up the word in the Miriam-Webster dictionary...and this doesn't sound so good--

gad·fly
Pronunciation:\ˈgad-ˌflī\

1 : any of various flies (as a horsefly, botfly, or warble fly) that bite or annoy livestock 2 : a person who stimulates or annoys especially by persistent criticism

Comments

Popular Posts