More dogs sentenced to death in Ohio

I hate the heading for this post, because it seems somewhat hysterical. But I couldn't think of a less sensational, more accurate description. Another town is giving their citizens until the Day of the Dead to get rid of their "Pit Bull Type" dogs. You can read about it here. In the article, Cincinnatti Council Person Chris Monzel is all excited about the prospect of euthanizing dogs in his own city, because, after all, its the only way to keep people safe. Monzel is, of course, running for re-election.

I regret that I don't have plans to visit Ohio on my tour, to visit with the responsible dog owners who have to put their pets to sleep...or move. Oddly enough, Ohio is the location of Thurber House. James Thurber, owned, loved, and wrote about his pet pit bull.

Comments

Popular Posts