Best Friends Summit on Dangerous Dogs


best friends summit
Originally uploaded by kfoz.
I just confirmed that I'll be speaking at the Best Friends Summit on Dangerous Dogs, which will be taking place in Colorado October 27-29. They've put together an extensive three day program, which is available at their website. And, of course, Colorado is a hot bed of BSL.

Note to anyone in Colorado: I'd love to talk with you about your experiences with the Denver ban and the underground railroad that people put together to get the dogs to safety.

JUST ADDED:
I'll also be signing books at Borders in Littleton on Sunday October 29th from 2-4pm.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, Ken:
I do believe that the use of the word "dangerous" in the title of the Best Friends summit is ironic. When you couple that word with the picture of one of their top trainers being licked by a rottie...well, I don't believe their intention is to add to the breed banning hysteria. I can't recall that trainer's name but she worked for months with pit bulls in Tylertown after Katrina to get them ready for adoption. She is amazing.

I'm happy that you'll be attending the summit but that means that you will miss Paul and me weaving around the Quarter in costume on the 28th and 29th. You should probably be grateful for that.

Good news! Paul read that there will be a trad jazz set at Fritzel's on the 28th so that's where we'll be, for part of the evening.

Thank you for all your work.
Ken Foster said…
I'll also be signing at Littleton's Borders Bookstore on October 29th from 2:00-4:00.

Popular Posts