Friday, June 24, 2005

My new house in New Orleans


Bywater House
Originally uploaded by kfoz.
I've had some complaints about my lack of posting this week. It's because I've been looking for a house to rent in New Orleans...and this is it! Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to post more than one picture at a time, but here are the details: it is a few blocks from where I'll be teaching, and it has three rooms, a kitchen, bathroom with clawfoot tub, and a huge back yard with banana trees. There is a park/dogrun a block away, as well as a recording studio, grocery store, po'boy shop, junk shop, two bars, and, directly across the street, a voodoo shop.

Best of all: there is a pancake recipe written on the kitchen door.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

That looks supremely cool, and I hope you make those pancakes.

c said...

You're making it difficult to abstain from PoPul Vuh quotes right now, I hope you know this.

Lisa in TLH said...

What's your new address?

felicia said...

v. cool, Ken! I plan on heading out there in the late fall to see some friends and do some SSN stuff. Let's def. connect.